Osteopathy focuses on the biomechanics of the human body’s muscles, tissues and bone movement, and is a complimentary form of treatment that can be used alongside other forms of pain management.
Practitioners work with a hands-on approach, as highly trained professionals, they are experts in the musculoskeletal system. Using a range of technique varying from massage, muscle release techniques, stretching of restricted tissues and joint articulation and joint manipulation.
Treatments offerd by OsteoVision include:
- Soft tissue manipulation
- Spinal manipulation
- Soft tissue massage techniques
- Articulation – gentle rhythmic joint movements
- Stretching muscles, restricted tissues and joint capsules
- Muscle energy techniques – encouraging muscles to work against resistance
- Muscle release techniques
- Visceral manipulation – gentle movement of the abdominal and pelvic areas
- Strengthening of weaken muscles